For those who plan ahead, Halloween means one thing, that the holiday season has arrived.
In addition to Halloween sweets and treats like the Spooky Puff and Ghost-topped Chiffon Cake above, Kulu Kulu Cake will be accepting preorders for Christmas cakes beginning Wednesday, Nov. 1.
The cakes, dressed with holiday decorations and a chocolate sign reading “Merry Christmas,” will come in favorite flavors as follows:
1. Strawberry Shortcake: Kulu Kulu’s signature cake comes in 6-, 7-, and 8-inch sizes, priced respectively at $38, $48 and $56. Limited to 200 orders.
2. Chocolate Cake: This fan favorite is priced at $37, $47 and $55 for respective sizes, listed above. Limited to 100 orders.
3. Soufflé Cheesecake: This light and fluffy cake runs $35, $43 and $52, for sizes above. Limited to 100 orders.
4. Kona Coffee Tiramisu: This popular Italian dessert is made here with 100 percent Kona coffee and is $38 (6 inches) and $48 (7 inches). Limited to 30 orders.
5. Matcha White-Choco Tree: Shaped like a Christmas tree, a combination of light sponge cake and green tea mousse is sweetened with white chocolate; $38. Limited to 30 orders.
6. Christmas Chocolate Roll: Also known as Bûche de Noel, the base of this cake is make with one of Kulu Kulu’s specialties, voted the “Best Roll Cake in Honolulu”; $37. Limited to 50 orders.
Preorder in-store or online at kulukulucake.com; orders can be placed through Dec. 17 for pick up between Dec. 18, through Dec. 25. Orders placed directly at one Kulu Kulu Cake location must be picked up at the same shop.
Also available will be an osechi cake box. Osechi ryori are new year “good luck” foods beautifully presented in bento boxes called jyubako. The oscechi cake box offers a sweet play on the tradition.
Each osechi cake box is $50 and there will be 50 sets available. Preorder in-store or online for pick up Dec. 31, through Jan. 2, 2018.
Kulu Kulu Cake locations:
> Shirokiya Japan Village Walk, Ala Moana Center. Open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Call 931-0503.
> Eaton Square, 438 Hobron Lane. Open 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. Call 931-0506 .
> Royal Hawaiian Center Paina Lanai Food Court, 2233 Kalakaua Ave. Building B. Open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Call 931-0915.